We are part way through the second round of the NHL playoffs, and it looks like we have some tight series on our hands, which is always great to see.
Boston and Montreal tied 2-2
- I feel that with the Bruins winning Game 4 in overtime, it will be the turning point they need to take this series. Not that you can nitpick a 1-0 overtime loss, but the Habs really needed that one.
- Carey Price is establishing himself as one of the best high-level goalies in the game. We should have known that before, and especially after he dominated in the Olympics, but he is awesome. If the NHL is back in the Olympics in 2018, I want him as my started for Team Canada.
- It is weird that a goalie as good as Rask has such trouble with one team. But he stepped up in Game 4. No curses here.
Pittsburgh leads New York 3-2
- Inspiring story of Martin St. Louis playing the day after his mother passed away. I can’t even imagine.
- The Rangers offense woke up in Game 5 to stay alive. Can they show up for another game to push it to 7? Or will they go back into a slumber and make Fleury look like a good goalie again?
- It would be nice if Rick Nash decided to show up on the scoresheet. His production will be key for what remains of the series.
- Is Fleury rattled after giving up 5 goals last game? Will this crack him, or can he bounce back to his ways of back-to-back shutouts earlier in the series?
- It’s odd how harsh we will be on Crosby’s games. He finally scored a goal in the series, but we want more. Regardless of the points he is putting up, he is still dominant, and by far the best player in the game.
Chicago and Minnesota tied 2-2
- Will Minnesota ever lose on home ice?
- If Bryzgalov can put together a decent game on the road, the defending champs could be in some serious trouble.
- I like the look of this Wild team, and Parise has been great so far. Shown tremendous leadership and has raised his game to a new level.
- I kind of want the Wild to win this one. I thought the Hawks would roll through this series.
- Very strong performance by the Wild D so far.
- It’s too bad nobody sees this series, it may be the best one.
- These teams do not like each other. Which is what the playoffs are all about.
- Good black and blue hockey.
- The Kings really need to put a stranglehold on the Ducks tonight. They don’t want to be going back to Anaheim with the series tied up. They need to finish, like the Sharks couldn’t do with them.
- How amazing has Anze Kopitar been in this series? He has been on the cusp of stardom for years, and is one of the best two-way players in the game.
- Who cares about Jonathan Quick’s regular season numbers? The kid plays big when it is important.